Monday, November 15, 2010

it's been a while

I am sorry to say that I have been missing from my blog for a long time. I am back, at least for today.
I joined Weight Watchers today. I am excited and nervous all at the same time. This week's goal is to stick with it for one week. I can do one week. I went to my first meeting tonight and the lady in front of me met her goal, she had lost over 65 lbs. I was so proud of her! After she started talking, I realized that I knew her. She was one of my teachers in high school. I was even happier when she remember my name. Another lady at the meeting got her sticker for losing 150 lbs. I keep telling myself that if they can do it - so can I. I can do this - one week at a time. Wade and I went grocery shopping after dinner and I am ready to go. Day 1 - HERE I COME!!!

On another weight loss note - I am debating on weather or not to pursue having gastric bypass or not. I have to decide by Friday. I have done a lot of reading on the subject. I have always thought I wanted to, but now I am not so sure. I think I am probably going to do Weight Watchers for one year and if I am not happy with where I or haven't been able to stick with it then I will reconsider next November. I just don't know. What do you think?

2 comments:

heartlandfamily said...

I'm so proud of you! For blogging!!! & for the Weight Watchers. I know you can do it! You can do anything! I'm not sure about the surgery. I don't know enough to give an opinion. Whatever you decide, I support you
!!!!

Dana said...

Sam!! I'm so proud of you for joining Weight Watchers!! I really need to do the same! I think it's a great thing that you are thinking about waiting to do gastric bypass, and trying Weight Watchers first! I know it will be so hard, but I think if you really stick with it you & lose weight & more importantly get healthy I think you will be so much more proud of yourself knowing that YOU DID IT..Not someone else...you did the work, you made it happen! (that's what I've decided...it's not about size, I know I'll never be a size 2 or anywhere close...but it's more important to be healthy & confident!) My best friend's mom had gastric bypass, and it's really changed her life, but it didn't come without a lot of struggles. I think it is a great thing too. I think whatever decision you make, make sure it's what you want, and what's going to make YOU happy! I'll love you no matter what!! Happy Weight Watching! :)