Wednesday, July 2, 2008

a weird day

Today was weird. Most of my days aren't normal, but today was unusually strange. I didn't take my lunch to work today because I was going to go to Best Buy and then pick something up. Well, Donna asked if we were going anywhere for lunch so I said we could ask around and see if anyone wanted to go. I asked around and the normal lunch crew wanted to go. Martha & Joe had planned to go to El Chico because they had a coupon so we all decided we would tag along. So... a pea lunch is created. Normally we plan lunches days in advance so it was weird that none of us brought our lunch. I had to be Tom this morning but right as we were getting ready to leave Tom shows up from jury duty. I was super excited so he finished up the PDFs. It is now time for lunch. Martha, Joe, Donna and I all ride in the Peamobile because Ashley and Jennifer are going to stop and pick up the other Ashley. We get to El Chico and they aren't busy so we get a table really quick (which is weird with a group of 7). Then the fun begins. We had the SLOWEST waitress know to man. She was slow taking the drink order, slow getting our drinks, slow taking our order... then we sit there... no chips and empty drinks for 45 minutes... we FINALLY get our food. I ordered fajitas but had no tortillas and that took another year to get. So we all eat... ask for our checks... 10 minutes later we get our check but she didn't split it... 10 minutes later she brings our checks and we give her cards and cash... 10 minutes later a random guy brings our table some cash but it was change for the wrong tickets... after we ask for the manager we get our cards back. Almost everyone of the tickets were wrong. So at 1 pm we leave El Chico - we got there at 11:35. Donna, Joe, Martha & I walk into the office building with the door propped open. THE POWER IS OUT. it is dark and spooky and scary. The power is out so we can't clock in. Ashley & I get to our desk and realize we aren't on the back-up so we have no computers. The power went out at 12:40. So everyone is sitting around trying to figure out things to do. At around 2:15 a lady came around saying that our CEO was sending us home if we didn't have a computer to work on. At 2:20 the power came back on. I was glad I didn't go home. I went to Tom's desk to get to work on the PDFs and at 2:22 Tom shows up. He was dismissed from jury duty. I decided to go out to the Celebrate Cooking photo shoot and it was a complete bore. It was kinda like you just sit around and wait. I watched two super simple shots and then it was going to be another hour before the next shot was going to be ready so I went back to the office. It is really sad when a photo shoot is so boring that you would rather be at the office. I read the recent issue of Communication Arts and then it was time to go home... I have played around on Facebook and iTunes and now it is time for dinner... wonder what other weird things are going to happen...

0 comments: