Monday, May 19, 2008

Sometimes 1 phone call can change your life

I just got off the phone with Duck. She called and it was so nice to hear from her. We did the usual "how are you" "what's up with you". I told her that nothing exciting was going on with me. I was pretty much just making up stuff to tell her. Mentioned that Wade had a flat today and that was about as exciting as my news got. I asked her what she had been up to and she said nothing much and then said "I had surgery on my leg" I am of course SHOCKED. I talked to her last week and she didn't mention anything. Come to find out she had surgery last Thursday to remove the area around a mole she had removed a week earlier and that came back as Melanoma. That's right. My best friend has Melanoma. For everyone as dumb as I am, Melanoma is skin cancer. I asked why she didn't tell me sooner and she didn't want me to worry. I am just so in shock right now. She lives so far away and she has been hurting and I didn't even know. She told me she cried everyday last week. How did I not know she was hurting? I always thought I would just "know" there was something wrong and be able to fix it. But I can't fix it and I can't even give her a hug. She is going back to the doctor tomorrow because they think her incision may be infected. She said she would give me a report tomorrow and if she doesn't I am so going to call her myself.

Duck - I know you will never read this but there are somethings I need to tell you.
1. I love you!
2. I miss you!
3. I think about you everyday!
4. You are my best friend!
5. It amazes me that you know EVERYTHING there is to know about me and you love me just the same. The best part is that you don't have to love me or be my friend and you do.
6. No matter how far away you are you are always in my heart.

ok - now that I am crying - I think I will go to bed. Tomorrow is another day.

1 comments:

Jessi -in love with her family of four said...

I am so sorry about this. It is so hard to find true unconditional friends in a lifetime and you to are truely blessed to have each other. I will be praying for her.