Thursday, April 24, 2008

Dinner

My husband cooked dinner tonight and I am talking about a wonderfully delicious dinner. The meal consisted of a casserole of his own creation. He is normally a very good cook but when he starts making stuff I tend to get worried. He called the meal "Alfredo Bake". The casserole contained alfredo sauce, fetticini noodles, grilled chicken breast, parmesan cheese and white cheddar cheez-its. YUMMY! YUMMY! YUMMY! The cheese sauce was so thick that is coated the noodles with cheesy goodness. mmm... We had broccoli on the side just so we could call it a balanced meal.

I was sick yesterday so I didn't go to work. It really sucks when you miss a day and go back with a ton of stuff still on your desk left to do. I know this sounds selfish but I would love to come back to work one day from a sick day and have all of my work done for me. When other people are out, their work gets done. Sometimes I think people just call in sick just because they don't want to come in and they know someone with do their work for them. I especially hate when someone calls in sick because their kid is sick. I don't have kids so I don't know what it is like BUT all of the hourly people seem to find a way to get to work even if their kid is sick. Oh... that's right... the hourly people are always there becuase their number of hours worked DIRECTLY affects their paycheck. I have never worked as a salaried worker but living as a clock puncher for so many years - I will not take advantage of being on salary.

Sam's Scrapbooking thought of the moment: If you use a button - there should be SOMETHING through the holes. Well, it at least needs to LOOK like there is something in the hole. You can tie a knot of ribbon and the adhere it with a glue dot - I am totally ok with that but please don't leave a naked button.

As Always,
Sam

2 comments:

heartlandfamily said...

Hey! Was the naked button intended for me? FYI - I had ribbon glued to my buttons, but forgot ribbon for everyone else to use so I quickly pulled it off before anyone noticed :) I'm so glad you have a blog..... someone else to keep up with YEA!!!

Sam said...

ACTUALLY, I loved the ways yours looked with ribbon so much that after a day of looking at it for a day with no ribbon that I HAD to add ribbon to mine. I then came up with the thought that buttons should always have something in them. :-) I hope my blog doesn't disappoint.