Wednesday, February 11, 2009

15 days until my 30th Birthday

I have lived under 15 roofs
1. Austin Street, Marshall, Texas
2. apartment behind where Hobby Lobby is now, Tyler, Texas
3. yellow house, Tyler, Texas
4. apartment complex where Barnes & Noble is now, Tyler, Texas (this is where the microwave fell on my head when I tried to climb on the oranges to get to the candy. Candy will be the death of me one day - just not that day. BUT it did mess up my pituitary gland that makes my growth hormone by all messed up.)
5. Norma’s house
6. green & white trailer house on 4th Street, Chandler, Texas
* where mom chased the possums with the butcher knife
* Daddy bought BB (Birthday Boy) for $10 in dimes on for his birthday
* BB thought the green carpet in my bedroom was grass
* Met Amber
* Amber became Duck
* Rode my bike through the sticker burrs and I got in SOOO much trouble because they would make my tires go flat and Daddy would have to fix them.
* Learned about the Christmas notebook and the importance of NOT looking at it (if you do look at it, you will get spanked with a flip-flop and Mom takes all of your presents back - Note to any grandchildren of Mimi that might be reading this: IF YOU FIND THE NOTEBOOK - run away very fast and don't look at it because I think she may still have that flip-flop)
* The tree (Duck and I used to play in this tree and we always thought we were hiding but come to find out, BB always sat outside of the tree so Mom always knew we were there)
* Amber & I would walk the wall
* BB tried to go to school (Dogs weren’t allowed so he would sit by my bike all day - he did come in one day when a kid was being mean to me. I got called the to the Principal's office and mom got called and had to leave work. After that, he would sit my bike on the bike rack.)
7. double wide that burned in Wild Wood, Chandler, Texas
* blue corn with Duck
8. Earl’s Farm
* Steve kept all the pictures I ever colored for him and gave them back to me on my 16th birthday.
9. double wide in Wild Wood, Chandler, Texas (different from #7)
* BB got shot
* Had to build a ramp because he had a wing but he never pooped in our yard
* BB would walk me to the bus stop every day, go home and rest in his yard and then be back at the bus stop when I got off
* Ants in the bed (Mom got free chips from work and I snuck them to my room, ate them in bed and then stuffed the packages behind the headboard. Nobody knew any better until I woke up with ant bites and ants in my bed.)
10. duplex where BB ran away but came back the last day of the move, Tyler, Texas
* I played in the woods where the rainbow tree is
11. Mr. Sam’s little house on Hwy 64, Tyler (Chapel Hill), Texas
* Orange potatoes
12. Pinehurst, Tyler (Chapel Hill), Texas
* Blower woman
13. house with the bad drive-way, Tyler (Chapel Hill), Texas
* this house had a really big field in front of it with really tall grass and I walked through it once and got really bad chiggers
* lights & electricity
14. 1611 West Neal #110, Commerce, Texas
* my apartment during college - I LOVED this apartment, but I came home every weekend. George built tons of shelves for me. We put up magnetic walls and I had TONS of magnets. There was a subway poster of Eminem behind my entertainment center. I was in my bedroom of this apartment when I found out about 9/11. My roommate, Michelle and I were worried about gas so we each bought a gas can full of gas. They later got stolen off of our porch. During my last semester, there was a shooting two doors down. For awhile I was the only apartment with hot water. There was one point when I didn't have hot water for almost a month. It SUCKED! I would go to Michelle & Clayton's to shower.
15. 10254 CR 2254, Tyler, Texas
* Home! - I have so many memories in this house. I don't think I could even begin to do it justice. This is my home. Where I am loved unconditionally and I can be who I truly am. I have always said that home is where your mom is and that is so totally true. I know one day soon I won't live in this house anymore and that is ok. I will go make another home with my husband. I guess I will have to change my thinking to home is where your husband is or maybe - home is where your stamp room is... LOL!

0 comments: